Make a modification to the 4% buy/sell fee

Hello, I wanted to pass along an idea to make a change in regards to the 4% fee on buys/sells of the BSL token. Currently the model works great as it creates sustainability and incentivizes users of the platform. However, thinking ahead, when the BSL token sees higher price appreciation, it would make the transaction fees much higher and could cause a decline in customer usage as a result. I think moving to a fixed transaction fee amount in USD or keeping the 4% but set at a maximum amount of USD per transaction (ex. 4% or $20, whichever amount is greater) would be beneficial.

Certainly good thoughts. This has been discussed somewhat previously in threads I believe. Primarily focused on once the pool is large enough and self sustaining/growing, the contribution could even be turned off

1 Like

Thanks, that’s good to hear! However things work out this is one great project. I’m looking forward to opening an account, using my securaTag and taking advantage of the founders nft benefits

1 Like

For sure! Glad to have you as part of the community!

1 Like

I would never vote for it to be turned off, unless the people that buy after it is turned off cannot participate in the staking. I paid my dues to the SLP fund - it would be totally unfair for us to turn if off and then let people stake and receive the incentives.

2 Likes

Yes I agree that the fee should not be turned off. I was just thinking about implementing a fixed fee amount so that in the future the fees don’t get too high. The main reason I never got into Ethereum is due to the high transaction fees. I’m not too worried about because we don’t need to sell our BSL tokens but rather can just earn staking yield and use as collateral for loans. My main concern is network growth if new users are discouraged by higher fees and decide to use another platform instead