Return any SLP contribution derived from an exploit

Occasionally holders of BSL have been victims of hacks/exploits. I suggest that any SLP contribution that is derived from an exploit be returned to the owner, post successful investigation.

Due to price fluctuations, an average/prorata amount of the amount contributed could be returned.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I agree with this. Hopefully we won’t have to deal with this anymore once Secura is released.

1 Like

Definitely see the caution there. I only mean that should a hack be “proven”… prpbably needs some more discussion.

Hello all, my name is Joe, I go by JD in chat. I am a carpenter by trade and i was supposed to retire at the end of this year with BSL being a nice chunk of that. For anyone who doesn’t already know, I was a victim of wallet theft a few weeks back. I lost 400 million BSL, 1 Bitcoin, and around 40K HBAR. Its been reported to the police, IC3 (FBI), and John Wingate himself followed the trail after it happened. After selling the money was routed to the Netherlands and cashed out. I would like to ask that this go through the process and to a vote. There is little chance of catching the thief. I asked John if there was anything else that could possibly be done and he replied a request could be made through the DAO. Please consider supporting this. It would definitely ease the pain of such a big loss. Some good points were brought up about scammers taking advantage of this. I agree with this. It would have to be a case by case basis. There are a few points I would like to put out there for everyone to know. I want to state that I am Not a scammer. These tokens were stolen from me! I love BSL! It is the third crypto I’ve ever owned and I’ve been buying ever since the beginning. I don’t know anyone in any other country(I’m in the US) let alone the Netherlands. While I’m not a big social media guy and not the most active in chat I’m constantly reading and following. I’m sure my fellow OG’s have seen me in spaces, ama’s, and in chat defending BSL from the fudders. I will fully dox to the team and/or delegates if it helps to know I am who I say I am. In my finest hour, I could never pull off a crypto scam that could fool John Windgate and the FBI lol. Back when we migrated our BSL from BNB to Hbar our price was over .003. My BSL wallet was worth over a million. I did not sell then and I would not be selling now!..and I sure as hell would not “steal tokens from myself” to sell at low prices. That makes no sense at all. I want back in because I still believe.
I could go on but I’ve said plenty. Id like to see this advance through the governance steps. Please consider returning the tax on the stolen tokens. I believe it is the right thing to do. Thanks for reading, JD

1 Like

On case by case basis. No question that Joe should get his tax back.

My comment was not directed at you as an accusation. My apologies if you felt I was saying that you stole them yourself. I have also deleted my comment because I misread the proposal entirely. I read it as replacing all stolen tokens, didn’t catch that it was just the SLP contribution which I fully support.

No apologies necessary! I did not think that. In fact, I thought it brought up a good point. As scummy as some scammers can be I could see them trying to take advantage of the DAO. I made it a point to show that I was in fact a victim and a well known member of the community. I can’t wait until secura is released. I feel like we will all be able to breathe a little easier.

1 Like

Fully in support of getting Joe back the slp funds contributed during the fraudulent transaction.